The Montana State Parks and Recreation Board will meet in person on Oct. 7, beginning at 1 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Montana State Capitol in Room 303.
Interested members of the public may comment during the meeting in person or via Zoom. To listen to the meeting and for information on how to join the meeting via Zoom, click on the Montana State Parks and Recreation Board’s webpage prior to the meeting start time.
For a full agenda and background on the scheduled topics, go to the Montana State Parks and Recreation Board meeting webpage.
The board will take action on the following items:
• Somers Beach Dynamic Beach Project
• Ackley Lake State Park Lease Agreement with DNRC
The board will also have a work session at the conclusion of the meeting to hear updates on the following items:
• Department reorganization
• Hell Creek State Park transition
• Smith River State Park Planning Report
• Flathead Islands Environmental Assessment
• Missouri Headwaters State Park Master Plan
• Parks capital projects approved at the May 27, 2021, board meeting
• Weed management
• Fire season
The public is welcomed to listen to the work session, but no public participation will be allowed.
FWP’s website offers live-streamed audio of each Parks and Recreation Board meeting.
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks ensures its meetings are fully accessible to persons with disabilities. If special accommodations are needed, please contact the Parks Division at 406-444-3750.