Reporter/News Producer Overview
Do you care deeply about serving the people of Montana with the information they need to thrive in our rural, expansive state? Are you interested in joining a team of A-players who are taking Montana media to the next level? How about becoming the Paul Harvey / Barbara Walters of Montana?!
Northern News Network is a family-owned radio network that provides news and programming to 61 radio stations across Montana. Popular shows include “Montana News” with Brian Bennett 9 times a day, “Voices of Montana” with Tom Schultz, weather with Ed McIntosh and a variety of other sports and entertainment programming. Our listeners know that if something happens across the State, they will hear about it first from the Northern News Network.
We’ve built a team that is well-respected among Montana’s leaders and cherishes the relationships with newsmakers, our audience and our affiliates across our state.
Overall Objective for Reporter Position
Work with the News team to provide our listeners and affiliates with timely and valuable information to a statewide audience.
- Research news stories and conduct interviews that are of value to our audience and affiliates
- Serve as the Voices of Montana Producer and fill-in for host when necessary
- Participate in public appearances to promote our News Network
- Foster professional relationships with News Makers and News Sources across Montana
- Maintain a high standard of journalistic ethics and integrity
- Contribute to Social Media platforms and Website Content
- Broadcast Training or experience required; Journalism Degree desired.
- Long-term commitment to the State of Montana.
- Strong computer skills – Proficient in Adobe Audition, Word, Excel, Outlook, WordPress, and Social Media Platforms.
- Workplace is located at Company Headquarters at 600 1st North in Billings, MT
- Periodic Travel might be necessary
Opportunity for career development will be based on individual’s commitment and abilities, but might include additional On -Air Opportunities including News, Weather, and Sports